Monday, January 4, 2010

Oh chocolate how I love thee, let me count the ways!

Or rather loved. Past tense. RIP.

So part of my new years resolution list was to be kinder to myself. If you extrapolate that out, and twist it around a bit and go around the corner, I’m trying to cut down on eating and drinking things that are not good for me. Ergo – I have decided to do a Kitty-detox in January. Cruel to be kind. Tough love, natch. Makes sense in my brain.

I have spent the last two weeks indulging in anything I want (Doritos for breakfast, plum pudding sandwiches, you get the drift) and I have really started to feel the effects. Or rather, feel my expanding waistline. With that in mind, I will be eliminating, such that I can, the following foods (and drinks) from my diet for the remainder of the month:

Alcohol. I’m fairly certain Fosters won’t go under but perhaps I should ring them just to let them know. What do you think?

Sticky soft drink (including diet drinks). See above, but replace Fosters with Coca Cola.

Caffeine. I know. Poor people that have to work with me.

Refined white carbohydrates (and all simple carbs at dinner, but not complex carbs in the form of veges etc.) – will break this when I have Japanese unfortunately, but my favourite Japanese Restaurant doesn’t do brown rice. It’ll be a treat.

Sugar. Egad. Breathe.

Coupled with the detox, I will also be stepping up the physical activity. I mean, strolling from the couch to the fridge is a start and at the moment, worthy of applause given my current activity levels, but it’s not doing a heck of a lot for my toosh. I want to lose a significant amount of weight before a team trip to a tropical destination in February and the only way I’ll be able to do it and get healthier is less crap, more move.

Sounds simple, no? Will keep you updated. In the meantime, I'm off to eat cottage cheese on rice cakes. Yum.

Kitty xx

No comments: