Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Le Weekend...

What with all the kittie love going on here, I can't believe it's already the last day of the weekend!

So, what have we been up to?

We've spent most of our time trying to stop Max from eating Millie. And Millie from smothering Max with licks and kittie love. But they seem to get on okay now - the true test will be tonight when we make them sleep in the same room for the first time. Hopefully the screeching won't keep us awake for too long...

(Millie is a howler. She is the most vocal cat I have ever met. She said more in the first 12 hours than Max has said in his entire life. But then again, she is a girl...)

Other than that, we...

* Saw Up in the Air which was great. It's been quite a while since a movie has made me think that much about my life and what makes me happy. If you haven't seen it, put it on your list.

* Took a food trip around Sydney: Yesterday we managed to get to Haberfield (for good Italian deli yumminess), Adriano Zumbo for the Masterchef chocolate mousse cake (which really is all that) and some macarons, the Sydney Fish Markets for some fresh tuna and scallops for Mr Kitty, Northbridge to potter through the Japanese supermarket (we bought panko crumbs and frozen edamame) and finally Dan Murphys at Willoughby for some Innocent Bystander Moscato. A fab drink for a hot summer's day - and so inexpensive at $10 for a half bottle which is just enough to keep Mr Kitty and I happy.

Today I am going to attempt a baking spectacular. Based on this NQN recipe, and a recent episode of Martha Stewart where she interviewed Maya Angelou whilst making this cake, I am going to attempt to make a caramel cake with brown butter/caramel icing. They are essentially the same recipe but I won't be putting cardamon in mine. I'm a purist.

Will report back!

Kitty xx

No comments: