Monday, August 22, 2011

Tea parties

I am gearing up for our obligatory pre-baby trip to Ikea.

It requires an awful lot of planning, preparation, single-mindedness and, well - there's no other word for it: balls. You have to be focused. Really focused.

In an attempt to be organised, I am currently trawling the Ikea website to put together our list of things we need. Aside from the chest of drawers and the chair which we have already agreed on, I am on the hunt for a nice, inexpensive rug for the baby room and one for our spare room, maybe some new bathmats for our main bathroom, a carpet protector for Mr Kitty's study (his last one got cracked in the move)....

But in amongst the stuff we need to buy, there are always the small purchases that manage to sneak into the trolley. The placemats, the glass jugs, and these.

I know - the baby is unlikely to want to play tea parties with me for some time, and goodness knows the cats don't want to sit still long enough to play with me but I love them so much I might just have to buy them for someone else... They go so well with the nursery colour scheme though!

Kitty

7 comments:

She Wore It Well said...

ah good old ikea!

if you're anything like me you'll end up with extra items that are not on the list. guaranteed!

The Mummy said...

Oooh they are super cute! You know, I think that Tabitha IS old enough to start playing tea parties. Now you've really got me thinking... At any rate, I think a tea set might be on her Christmas List!

X TM

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

She wore it well - we once went to Ikea for one $20 thing and came home with $600 worth of stuff. I kid you not. That's why we now go with a LIST. Otherwise it's totally dangerous.

The Mummy - I agree - Tabitha is definitely ready for a tea set! A friend of mine has bought the kitchen from Ikea for her daughter and she really rates it too... Not trying to be an enabler but...

K xx

Maryke said...

They are too cute! I love IKEA. It's usually a whole day trip for me haha

Sydney Shop Girl said...

I love the tea set, Kitty!

I agree, a list is mandatory at Ikea.

SSG xxx

Sydney Shop Girl blog

Anonymous said...

OMG what a must have set! Thanks Miss Kitty Cat! I haven't been to Ikea for ages but must visit pronto!

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

Three White Tulips - although I'd love nothing better than to spend a day testing couches, chairs and beds, After about two hours I start getting ratty and cranky...

SSG - A list is definitely mandatory. We spend so much if we don't stick to the list...

NQN - I think it would be worth a visit for the teaset alone. Especially if you have someone small to share it with!