Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Missoni love for the bebe.



The news that the Missoni for Target is launching in the US has many of my favourite bloggers a buzz with delight. I wish it was making it's way here. Unfortunately it's not to be and I fear that the prices for the collection on eBay will be exorbitant.

I have, however, still made sure there will be Missoni in the baby's life. Yesterday I picked up the Missoni for Bugaboo fabric set for the Cameleon. I originally saw the sample when we visited Bugaboo HQ in Los Angeles - I have to say before that I was a bit so-so about it but in the flesh it's spectacular. I turned to Mr K at the time and said "if we have a girl I am 100% getting that." He said it was fine - we were both convinced it was a boy at that time so no dramas.


Cue our 19 week scan and it looks like Little Mr Kitty is in fact a Miss so the order went in and it arrived this week. I am very excited, even though it will be approximately 9 weeks (if she's on time) before it makes it's first outing.

What a pretty box! I will keep it to put the baby's "things" in...

In support of the theory that all the best people have Missoni for Bugaboo, Mr K saw a picture in a magazine at the Obstetricians yesterday of Rachel Zoe with her Missoni Cameleon. He said that it was ok for her to have one but if he sees a Kardashian with it I have to sell it. Apparently he has standards (I personally love the Kardashians). One of the areas we must agree to disagree.

Kitty

7 comments:

Sydney Shop Girl said...

Mr K and Mr SSG are cut from the same cloth re RZ and the Kardashians!

The set looks wonderful! Would suit either a baby boy or girl IMHO. Agree that it does look much better from your real life photos than the ads I've seen.

SSG xxx

Sydney Shop Girl blog

TheStylishShoeGirl said...

What a fabulous piece of architecture the Missoni pram is!

I laughed out loud at Mr K's comment re: the Kardashians!

Elise said...

I have to agree with mr kitty, i hope the kardashians dont ruin it for the rest of us!
Elise

Brasilian_Babe said...

Lovely! I agree with SSG, your pics make it look much better than the ads :)

Amy said...

Ahaha! Cudos to Mr Kitty for knowing who the Kardashians are.
Anyway, once i knew Bugaboo was doing a Missoni collaboration, i immediately ordered my set and picked it up last week. I have a baby boy and it suits him so it's not too girly.

I'll be on the lookout for fellow Missoni x Bugaboo mummies around Chatswood or the City!

Faux Fuchsia said...

I have my missoni cover and am loving it sick, esp the blanket x

Blighty said...

Congrats on expecting a baby girl, how lovely! The Missoni cover is fab, so wish I had had nice print, you do get to spend a lot of time with the pram!! xx