Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Luxe vs Less

So yesterday I posted the 3100 pound ($4915AUD) Oscar de la Renta dress. Today, we have the slightly less expensive version. Meet the Collette by Collette Dinnigan summer lace dress:

It's available at David Jones for $320. A smidge over 6% of the cost of the Oscar Frock. Not exactly cheap but certainly cheaper. More cost effective, if you will. Mr K would be glad of me saving money (if indeed I were to buy it).

It's not quite the same shape as the Oscar dress but I like the look with the similar lace fabric over contrasting underskirt. It would make for a fantastic Summer party dress - dressed up or down.

Collette has some other lovely lacey options that are really pretty for summer:


Although I have to say it does seem very weird to be posting about summer clothes when it's 11 degrees outside. I might hold off on the summer fashion postings until we see some more sun!

Kitty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stunning and what a great price too! :D I can't wait for short dress weather :D

Anonymous said...

HI Kitty, I wish I could wear dresses, honestly I do.
but I am so not a dress person.
I LOVE the collette dress, it's so pretty without being tizzy.
Lou
xx

Anonymous said...

I had a look at DJs in the city on Thursday and the first Collette dress is not available yet.

The second CD dress is divine! I also love the lace in the Lover collection.

I really like the trends this seasons - feminine and very wearable. It's bad for my wallet :-/