Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Oscar!

Oscar de la Renta always makes the most sensational frocks. I've been watching the third series of the Rachel Zoe Project this last week and it included the episode where Rachel is dressing celebrities for the 2010 Oscars. She chooses this amazing Oscar de la Renta dress for Cameron Diaz and she looks stunning.


Not quite in the same league but eminently more wearable is this gorgeous Oscar cocktail frock from Net-a-Porter. At 3100 pounds, it's a little out of the price range at the moment but I'll be on the look out for a similar dress with a black guipure lace overlay once summer comes around and the baby is wearing it's own fashion statements.

The fifties silhouette is so flattering and the scoop neck tends to suit me well. I'd see Carey Mulligan in something like this for sure. I have so many pearl necklaces to wear with a dress like this. Completely trans-seasonal, you could wear it with a fitted blazer in winter or a pair of sandals in summer. Princess Mary could totally rock this look. It's a classic style that is ageless - so very classic Oscar.


Kitty

6 comments:

The Mummy said...

Gorgeous dress!! I must warn you, finding breastfeeding-friendly frocks can be frustrating. Not only with decent access but that also conceal an almighty maternity bra. Sometimes I give up and wear dresses so completely impractical that I have to go somewhere private and almost completely strip off to feed!

Plus the weight can fluctuate so much in the first year, most women I know went through several sizes in the first 12 months which is also a pain, but does allow you to go shopping much more often!

Sydney Shop Girl said...

Love the frock, Kitty!

SSG xxx

Sydney Shop Girl blog

Faux Fuchsia said...

I love Oscar! Meanwhile pls showcase your own pregtastic wardrobe x

TheStylishShoeGirl said...

The dress is stunning! Loving it! x

Maxabella said...

He's a real 'entrance' designer! I like the black frock, but it's not showy enough for over $3000. For $3000 I'd need a BIG entrance (and probably a car too, but that's another story)! x

Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh I still remember that SATC episode where Carrie gets a divine Oscar dress! :D