Saturday, July 10, 2010

All girls need a kick-ass pair of red shoes...

These are possibly the most comfortable pair of high heeled shoes I own. They don't rub like a lot of other open-toe shoes I have (including almost every pair of Bally shoes I own - you think I would learn) and they are deceptively stable for such thin heels.

I bought them in Paris after a long day of not much shopping luck. My sister and I had been traipsing the streets, looking for wonderful things to buy, our credit cards at the ready... To no avail. The closest I came was an Eiffel Tower cheese grater from Pylones (gosh how I love that store)...

But, again - I digress.

We had been marching around, looking for shoes and handbags and we had almost given up. I had seen a divine pair of dark silver satin Miu Miu sandals with a jewel on the front in Galeries Lafayette but they didn't have my size. I decided to try Printemps as a last resort and trudged up to the shoe department. They didn't have them but they did have a pair of dark red peeptoes.


They'd be more practical than the silver satin shoes, I told myself, and probably cheaper too. I asked for my size, which I doubted they would have, but the sales assistant assured me they would have them and trotted off dutifully (a rare sight in Paris). He came back with the last pair they had in stock... In my size.

I put them on and it was instant love. They were perfect. Fitted like a dream, the perfect pop of dark red to off-set my funereal wardrobe and practical patent. And after all, every girl needs the perfect kick-ass pair of red shoes.


Of all my Miu Mius, these are the ones I have worn the most. They weren't on sale but the wear to purchase ratio has been so good they were almost a steal...

Kitty

PS: I have never seen those silver satin shoes again - not in store nor online. And no-one from a Miu Miu store could tell me about them either. They remain - in perpetuity - the mystery shoe.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Wow, first visit to your blog. They are great shoes and it sounds like you were meant to have them :)

Not Quite Nigella said...

Red shoes really brighten up the day don't they! And how serendipitous to find a gorgeous pair like these! :D