Sunday, October 28, 2012

Diptyque Eau Rose

I am a huge fan of rose perfumes. On my wedding day I wore Jo Malone's Red Roses. It still brings a smile to my face when I smell it. I often wear it to remind me of that happy day. I also adore YSL's Parisienne, a blackberry-spiked rosey scent. It's a warmer perfume - I tend to wear it more in winter.

While I was in Libertys, I stumbled across the Diptyque counter (as you do) and whilst I toyed with the idea of getting more candles to add to my ever growing collection, I also glanced at the perfumes. And this caught my eye.

It's a very subtle scent. Eau Rose smells gloriously of home grown blooms and spring days. It fades quite quickly leaving just a kiss of rose. A gentle waft of powdery, musky floral, but in a good way, not a nana way. It's the perfect scent for anyone who doesn't like strong perfumes. It's understated but still heady. It changes on your skin as the day progresses. I never get tired of smelling it.

If you are going to Paris, you should really purchase it there. So when I came across the display in Le Bon Marche, I had no option but to buy it. And I am so glad I did. I wear it almost daily and it brings a smile to my face, reminding me of our special family holiday. The smell of sun warmed roses - there is no other perfume like it for me.

For those of you not lucky enough to be able to buy from the source, Mecca Cosmetica stocks this gem too, for $169.

Kitty

2 comments:

Z said...

Have not tried Diptyque but am also a huge fan of rose perfumes. Currently using Penhaligon's Elizabethan Rose, which is a pretty much undiluted, traditional rose scent. Shall look out for this one too now.

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

That sounds delicious! I will have to keep my eye out for that one. You would love the Diptyque one - it's so soft and lovely. Very delicate.

K xx