Monday, November 17, 2014

Cobalt rules

This summer, fashion seems to be all about bright blues. Electric. Cobalt, if you will. So many fashion labels seem to be using it in their Spring/Summer fashion palettes.


This gorgeous dress is from Bohemian Traders. Stunning. I love the lace detail. I have seen it on both iCurvy and StylingYou over the past few weeks and it looks amazing on both of them. The sizing is generous, but for someone who feels better in more tailored options, I worry that the floatiness (which would be amazing in the heat of the summer) would be a bit too muu muu-esque on moi. But as a casual dress, it is perfection.


The Francesca Ponte dress from Boden comes in a couple of different colours but it's the cobalt that really caught my eye. Now, I've been banging on about Boden and their great quality for years and they have finally realised that Australians love their clothing, as it's now easier to shop with them. The Francesca is structured but the gathered waist gives it a bit of a twist. I could see myself wearing this with boots and tights in winter over a shirt and with sandals in summer. I think it's a great trans-seasonal dress. And the best thing? It's on sale!


This Target dress is the bargain buy of the bunch. It comes in a variety of colours, including electric blue. I could see it with a pair of flat sandals and a denim jacket for a Sunday brunch outfit. It looks comfy but the asymmetric hem detail provides a bit of interest.


And for those just looking for a little splash of blue, this Rag and Bone singlet provides just the right hit of cobalt. They also do it in a tee.

And this Saint Laurent bag - SWOON!!!

Will you be partaking of the cobalt frenzy this summer?

K xx

No comments: