Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Damn you Alexis!!

I love this necklace. I love it to bits. I love the pearls, the sparkles, the modern rhodium spacers...

The only thing I don't love is the price. $675... US... That's pricey even by Kitty standards and I'm not what you'd really call a price sensitive shopper. I love me a bargain but if I want something bad enough I'll definitely stump up the readies...

The necklace is made by Alexis Bittar. I first saw some of his beautiful jewellery at the V&A when I was in London last year. Every piece is a work of art. It's divine. But there's no way I'd spend that kind of cash on a piece of jewellery I couldn't try on.

Luckily he has a shop in Venice (LA, not Italy) and guess where we are going in May... There is also a Hollywood store but we tend to stay Santa Monica/Venice. It's a lot more fun.

Perhaps if I save my pennies and don't buy too much between now and when we go in May I might just be able to treat myself...

Kitty

3 comments:

Elyse (Give Me Bows) said...

I love it too! I am a sucker for pearls. Pity about the price :( xxx

Maxabella said...

Ooooh that's a lot of cash for baubles... but maybe, just maybe?

I loved your comment on my post today. I believe, I believe, I believe that you will get your wish and then, one will be perfect if that's all that comes. Of course it will. x

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

Pinky - I totally agree. But if I can save like mad it might just be doable...

Maxabella - thanks so much. It's been something that preys on my mind constantly. But the reality is that no matter how many we have they will be loved and cherished. And that's all that really matters, no?