Monday, July 30, 2012

A new chariot for G.

Recently we made the decision to buy Baby G a new chariot (pram/stroller for those not in the know). We do a fair amount of travel both locally and internationally, and the Cameleon, beautiful though it is, is a huge pram. It takes up a third of our boot and I drive a large car. And the Camy is not a great pram for travelling. It's too heavy to take on a plane and too bulky for Europe (particularly in shops).

We test drove a number of prams and strollers and after lots of discussion, we finally settled on another Bugaboo - this time the Bee +. For us, it had all the things we love about the Camy, but it's smaller (so much smaller), it folds in one piece and it's lighter. We looked at Maclarens, the Phil n Ted's Smart and the Quick Smart Easy Fold (and we came very close to buying that) but one thing in particular tipped us over the edge with the Bee. The fact I would use it at home - particularly when shopping. It would be so much easier popping G into it and whizzing around Harris Farm or Woolies. In the end, for our lifestyle, it would be a more practical purchase.I wouldn't use any of the other prams here - they would be travel prams only.

We ordered it three weeks go and it arrived today, with two different coloured sunshades (limited edition jade and hot pink) and we put it together. Remarkably easy in comparison to the Camy (16 minutes vs 3 hours for the Camy first time round assembly) and the best thing? Georgie loves it! I took her for a walk this afternoon and she seems to be a massive fan.

Fingers crossed she loves it all the way around Europe.

In other news Georgie has two new teeth this week. That takes her to 7 so far. Makes chewing easier, that's for certain!

Kitty

8 comments:

Purple Pixie said...

She looks so beautiful!

If you had a do-over, would you purchase the Bee straight away or still have the camy first, and then the bee?

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

Hi Pixie, I am still happy with the Camy as an all round pram. Where we live the paths aren't overly even and taking the Bee out yesterday made me appreciated the suspension on the Camy all the more. Plus I loved that it went from bassinet to seat. They do different things and I really think it depends on your situation. If you live inner city then the Bee is definitely for you. I see the Bee as more of a stroller, although you can use it from birth. I hope that helps a little!

K xx

Purple Pixie said...

Thanks K. Seems like it's almost like choosing a car! hehe SO many choices.

MaiStar said...

I love my bee plus! I used it from birth- but used the maxi cosi capsule to attach to pram which is soo handy when my girl is asleep. It's so zippy, easy to manouver and super light. Best thing I bought and my hubby loves it so you will enjoy using it overseas and at home.

Semi Expat said...

Ahh Georgie looks adorable in her new chariot and I am sure it will be great for Europe. And on your previous post my daughter gave up wanting to be breast fed too at around 9 months - they just suddenly decide but you are right - it feels the end of baby hood. X

Anonymous said...

The Bee looks very cute. We still use the Camy but have the Quick Smart which my mum uses, and the chariot we take with us travelling.

I prefer the Missoni kit for the Bee, will you be getting that too? x

Anonymous said...

The Bee looks very cute. We still use the Camy but have the Quick Smart which my mum uses, and the chariot we take with us travelling.

I prefer the Missoni kit for the Bee, will you be getting that too? x

Anonymous said...

The Bee looks very cute. We still use the Camy but have the Quick Smart which my mum uses, and the chariot we take with us travelling.

I prefer the Missoni kit for the Bee, will you be getting that too? x