Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wedding attire

So we turn our minds to what we can possibly wear to such a splendid cosmopolitan occasion, which no doubt my sister's wedding will be. I am thinking of shopping my wardrobe - I have a stunning dress that I have yet to wear, purchased before I got pregnant. I don't know if it's going to be appropriate (they have yet to decide the style of the wedding) but I think it will be suitable given the time of year.


Erm... I don't quite look like that in the dress...

And frankly if Kate and Pippa think Alexander McQueen is suitable wedding attire then so do I!

The dress is Alexander McQueen Fall 2009 and is a gorgeous houndstooth in red and black merino wool. I bought it at Bicester about 18 months ago. It will travel well in my suitcase for a few weeks through Europe and it's certainly warm enough.

At this point it's the leader of the pack in terms of options. I have a couple of other ideas but I think I'll wait until we have a bit more information about the style of wedding before I start packing any bags.

I'm so excited - and thrilled for my little sister! I wish I was in London so I could help her go wedding dress shopping. That was my favourite part of wedding planning. I think I almost tried on every dress in Sydney...

Kitty

7 comments:

Sydney Shop Girl said...

Could you wear it to the rehearsal dinner?

SSG xxx

Semi Expat said...

Remember when you bought this dress... just gorgeous. And congratulations to your sister. How lovely too that you get to spend longer in UK! x

Maxabella said...

You've gotta wear it! Where else!?! x

TheStylishShoeGirl said...

That dress is absolutely STUNNING. A very big congratulations to your sister!

Not Quite Nigella said...

The dress is stunning! I say it's a definite contender :D

Brown Button Trading said...

ohhhhh my - that dress is STUNNING. you must wear it. And the pics of your wedding, gorgeous.
Thank you for your lovely words about Chuck Bass the kitty. How hilarious was FF, wouldn't have it any other way xx

Unknown said...

I love that dress.

_____________
Wedding Car Hire Melbourne