Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Like a black and red magpie...


Last year when I was in the UK I bought a divine Alexander McQueen scarf from the outlet at Bicester Village. It wasn't a cheap purchase (about 130 pounds minus the VAT refund, I seem to recall) but I loved it so much I couldn't resist, plus the price was very good for AMcQ. I'd been seeing it online for a while but missed out buying it in the NAP sale. It was the magpie scarf in red and black - identical to this one but in reverse (the red is around the edge rather than the black). I finally wore it for the first time yesterday and I find myself attempting to design outfits around the scarf now. It also, when draped the right way, distracts very well from the whale like proportions of my baby bump!

And now, like the magpie that I am, I have spotted this scarf on Net-a-Porter...


It's not on sale but it's totally totally me, however I'm not sure I can convince myself it's a good buy right now. But it is amazing. And I'm sure that despite the price it will be very economical on a CPW basis over a number of years...

I'm erring on the side of not buying it and being responsible but I'm willing to be convinced though!

Kitty

5 comments:

Sydney Shop Girl said...

I LOVE the scarf, Kitty!

Will be very economical on a CPW basis plus it could be heritage for baby Kitty.

SSG xxx

Sydney Shop Girl blog

Brasilian_Babe said...

That scarf is gorgeous... Maybe you can go and buy Baby Kitty something and then use the one for the baby and one for you justification to get your scarf :p

Anonymous said...

When it comes to McQueen I'm an enabler, if you don't buy it, it will haunt you like the McQueen OTT priced leggings I died over in a window in NYC;)

Semi Expat said...

Keep an eye out Miss Kitts - you never know it MAY go on sale. Love your black and red scarf too btw. And the leopard is amazing - I had already spotted it and lusted after it too...XXX

Maxabella said...

I think you should treat yourself, just this once. ;)

And this reminds me that a certain someone should have called by with the perfect flats to match this print... Hmmmm, who could that be???? x

PS - have not forgotten (well, not now anyway!) x