Wednesday, November 10, 2010

To buy or not to buy?

I need a new silver bag. My favourite of all time silver bowling bag from Furla which I purchased in Europe on our honeymoon is starting to look a little worse for wear...

I know silver bags don't have the longevity of black bags (I just tend to wear them harder) so I'm reluctant to spend vast amounts of money on them, but I have established that I really do like having a good silver bag in my wardrobe. I searched on my travels this year but nothing really caught my eye: either things were too casual or too shiny/sparkly or not well enough made or too expensive, or more gold than silver...

So in my internet ramblings last night I came across the Jackie Hobo from Oroton. I have a bit of a shaky relationship with Oroton - I adore their jewellery and have at least one piece that I would say is part of my top 10 jewellery finds of all time. But their bags... When you consider you can buy a Kate Spade, a Furla or a Coach bag overseas when you are travelling (which we tend to do a fair amount of) for a similar if not lower price I can't quite bring myself to pay the extraordinary amounts they ask for an Oroton bag. It's not a criticism, I just personally can't see the value proposition (and I am all about Value).

Back to the story at hand...

The Jackie Hobo. I like the style. I think I like the colour (will have to check in real life to make sure it's not too glittery) and the price, at $195, is pretty good, considering it was $495 at full price (ouch!)... I like the fact it's a shoulder bag - my other one is just a hand bag, being a bowling bag.

It might just be my next purchase... Even though I already bought a bag this week. What do you think?

Kitty

6 comments:

Sydney Shop Girl said...

I do like the Jackie bag, good price on sale :-)

SSG xxx

Lizeylou said...

I was given a silver bag for my birthday this year and I love it. It is the perfect for all occasions. I think you would be crazy not to get this one at that price if it looks as good in person as it does in your picture!

Semi Expat said...

I'd say BUY!! love the style - see if it is too glittery and if it's right, go for it! x

Not Quite Nigella said...

hehe you can never have too many bags! And silver is so versatile! :D

Anonymous said...

The bag is in transit on its way to Kitty :-)

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

Thanks so much Ms Curious! I owe you big time. I can't wait to use it.