Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Shoes for Georgie

For someone who is incredibly enamoured with footwear, poor Baby G seems to be very lacking in that department. She has a pair of Ugg Boots that she loves to pull off and eat (I think the longest they have stayed on her feet is a number of minutes) and some soft newborn baby shoes she grew out of very quickly but that has been it so far. I haven't bothered with real shoes because I think they aren't all that likely to stay on and I feel she is better off at this point without shoes. She uses her feet to manoeuvre around and learn to stand and cruise so barefoot seems to work well for her at the moment.

Having said that I often look at little shoes and think to myself how cute they are. I know once she starts walking properly, having well fitted supportive shoes is paramount. But for the occasional special occasion prior to that, a cute pair of shoes to complete an outfit can be really special. Even if they only stay on briefly!

I have ordered a pair of soft soled silver shoes for the upcoming wedding we are going to but today while I was out shopping with one of my best friends I came across these beauties.

Made by Melissa, the mini baby campanas are just the cutest things. Mary Jane like, they are flexible and soft but still cute. I don't plan on letting her wear them while she is practicing her standing but with the occasional cute outfit, they should be okay.

And when I showed her these ones she shrieked with delight. What could be better than shoes with cats on them?? They may have been purchased in a much bigger size for when she is fully and properly walking. Maybe...

And let's not tell Mr Kitty about these ones I bought for myself...

Kitty


6 comments:

Sydney Shop Girl said...

What gorgeous mother and daughter shoes!!!!

SSG xxx

Red Phoenix Style by Willow and Lotus Phoenix said...

The wedges are the best! I have them in beige and they are really comfy. Love Georgie's too! L xx

Anonymous said...

Argh! Love them! Fx for a girl now ...

KittyCate said...

OMG those cat shoes are beyond amazing! I want a pair! x

Clare said...

Melissa make the cutest shoes ever - love that they make baby shoes now too!!

Maxabella said...

ADORBS!!

And I love your red wedges too. Shhhh... x