Monday, July 25, 2011

Silver Bangle Love.

I'm a sucker for a great bangle. I always love something jangley or bangley on my wrist. For a long time I lusted after an Hermes Clic Clac but after finally getting around to trying one on, I found they really didn't suit me. At all. Mr K was ridiculously relieved about that.

Unfortunately I actually discovered I loved the larger, more expensive Hermes Bangles instead. But I can't really justify the price.... Really. Well, maybe...

I have a gorgeous black and silver Coach bangle which I wear all the time and an Alexander McQueen skull bangle which I love. While in the US this year I purchased a very pretty silver Kate Spade bangle which has "hand in hand" engraved around the outside and "there's strength in numbers" engraved on the inside. So pretty and particularly poignant at this point in time for Mr K and I.

Something I now have my eye on is the beautiful Mim Precious "In the Weave" bangle, new from Mimco. It reminds me of the bamboo bangles from John Hardy, but far more economical. It's beautiful. The Mim Precious range seems to be somewhat of a departure for Mimco. Known almost exclusively for their great quality bags and fashion accessories, this is the first time they have made the foray into semi precious jewellery. Using silver, agate, freshwater pearls and marcasite, the collection offers both classic and collectible pieces - bangles, necklaces, charms and earrings. Definitely something I love, and for me, the bangle at $229 is a steal. A great buy. Perhaps even a bargain! It shall be mine!

Kitty

PS: And maybe the matching earrings too...

5 comments:

KittyCate said...

Wow that is gorgeous! I am currently drooling over the new Mim Precious range - V will be very grateful to you for putting me onto it :P xx

Semi Expat said...

Gorgeous all!! Me too, I love the Hermes ones but really cannot justify the $$$ ! XX

Anonymous said...

That Mimco bangle is just stunning!

TheStylishShoeGirl said...

Love thoses bangles! I too, am a fan of the jingle jangle.
I was sooooo tempted to buy about 5 or 6 of the Kate Spade very thin coloured bangles but had already spent enough at Kate Spade to keep their shop going for at least a year, so sadly left without...

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

Kitty - I knew you'd like it!! I actually think it's very reasonably priced... Tell V I said so!

SE - I'm with you. I think they are divine but the cost is so prohibitive I'd think twice about wearing it...

Riotersbloc - I agree. I might have to purchase.

SSG - I love the thin Kate Spades too but I so rarely wear gold (like never) that I just wouldn't get the wear out of them. I thought the other one was a nice compromise! I love the packaging they give you for your purchases in store though. Very pretty!

K xx