Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tiffany&Co Locks

Last year Mr Kitty and I went to New York. One of my favorite things to do while there is to visit Tiffanys on Fifth Avenue and browse all the wonderful sparkle-arkles. And scare Mr Kitty with some of the prices, but that's by the by. Apparently people really do go into the store and request breakfast, a la Audrey Hepburn.

Mr K, being the lovely husband he is, wanted to buy me something special to commemorate the trip and I had a bit of a soft spot for the Tiffany Key collection, specifically the Fleur de Lys silver key.

Mr K made the purchase and I have had the immense pleasure of wearing it for the past year. It makes me smile so much - not only the memory of our trip to the US last year but also the symbolism as Mr K will always have the key to my heart and I have the key to his.

Fast forward a year and the clever clogs design team at Tiffany have launched a companion design, the Tiffany Lock collection. I'm mad for a lock to wear alongside my key. Again, the meaning behind it is complementary - a key and lock go together so well and really complete the love meaning of the collections.

I'm very keen on getting one and have narrowed it down to the following few:

This gorgeous vintage inspired lock in silver ($270, chain extra)

This classic polished emblem lock pendant in silver ($270, chain extra)

And if Mr K is feeling exceptionally generous, I quite like this heart lock pendant studded with gorgeous diamonds ($5,200). But I'm not holding my breath! It would look stunning with the Fleur de Lys key though - but perhaps I would need to upgrade to a diamond one?

A girl can dream can't she?

Kitty


7 comments:

Aspiring Domestic Goddess said...

I love the lock collection! I had no idea it existed. Beautiful!!!!

It sounds like you have Mr.Kitty very well trained lol.

Sammie said...

Loving the lock collection too!
That vintage one is especially lovely.

Blighty said...

love that pale blue box and white ribbon! your key is divine. I like the classic Tiffany lock best I think. Love your word "sparkle-arkle" xx

Heavenly Ingredients said...

love these!
think this is a great way of hinting to hubby - mine needs a little help when it comes to gift giving ;-)

BuBbles said...

Maybe the heart lock pendant could be a "push present" :)

BuBbles
x.

Maxabella said...

Anything from Tiffany is okay by me!

Sweets, I owe you a call, I haven't forgotten. x

Semi Expat said...

Great word - sparkle-arkle! Your key is very pretty - you def. need a lock to go with !! Am sure Mr Kitty will get the hint! X