Monday, January 18, 2010

Operation...

Last Friday I had an operation. It was described to me as "minor surgery" but to someone who has never had any kind of surgery, broken bone or stitch I should have realised that even minor surgery is pretty major in the scheme of things. Dumb huh?

For those of you who don't know, Mr Kitty and I have been trying to have a baby kitten for the last 12 months - with no success. We have had shedloads of tests (just call me the human pincushion) and both of us have come up fine. No issues to speak of. Friday's extravaganza was an exploratory proceedure to discover if there was anything impeding pregnancy - like blocked tubes or a missing uterus. I had 4 procedures while I was under my first ever general anesthetic - a laparoscopy, a hydroscopy, a HyCoSy and a D&C. All of which you can look up on the interwebs if you so choose. It was day surgery so I was home on Friday afternoon with my supply of panadeine forte and instructions to take it easy for a few days.

The upshot is that there is nothing wrong with me. The results of the procedures were totally normal. I guess it's a relief in some senses but we are now no closer than we were on Friday to finding out what is stopping us from getting pregnant. Frustrating. Except I now have three scars and some very painful stitches to contend with.

I don't know whether to be happy or sad. It's one of the hardest things about not having a baby. The emotion is so real and heartbreaking. And sometimes very hard for other people to understand how hard it really is.

Kitty

2 comments:

Rach said...

I understand some of your emotions :(

Think of your surgery as a positive, because it is. Nothing nasty found.

2010 will be the year for you x

Never give up, you always have hope.

Love Rach

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

Thanks lovely. I appreciate it. It's so freakin hard, isn't it?

Kitty xx