Friday, January 1, 2010

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life - it's a new blog!

Like many people this year, I will make and break my new years resolutions. Actually, if I am being honest, I can't remember a year where I have actually remembered them past the beginning of February. They are usually to specific - lose specific amount of weight, get new job, stop buying clothes... And none of them are particularly realistic or achievable (i.e. I am never going to stop buying clothes).

So this year I plan to have more realistic resolutions. My draft list thus far includes:

1. Be kinder to myself and others: That's not to say I'm an unkind person now, but I have a tendancy to set very high expectations for myself and get deeply disappointed when I don't meet them. I have to lay off myself a bit more - I think it might make me happier. And if I am being nicer to myself then naturally it flows that I should be nicer to others.

2. Don't sweat the small stuff: I too often let small things become big things and get under my skin and make me really angry. And most of the time it's stuff I can't control anyway so the anger is so ridiculous. My resolution is to not let that happen this year. Well, I'll try!

3. Don't be afraid of new things: All too often I don't do new things because I am afraid of what might happen. Consequences, right? This fear has grown over the past few years to the point I am to afraid sometimes to do things that I really should and that are probably good for me (see point one above). More on this later.

4. This Blog: So I said I wouldn't get specific, but if I am setting goals I need to have at least one that is specific... I'd like to try and update 3-4 times a week. Achievable but not burdensome...

So that's it - 4 resolutions. None of them about losing weight. Let's see if I can make them happen!

Wishing you and yours the very happiest and safest of new years...

Kitty xx

1 comment:

Blighty said...

hello Miss Kitty, are you sick of me commenting already? Just so excited to discover your blog, and cross with myself for not realising you had a blog and so not visiting sooner! Please forgive me! must go get ready for son 2's little birthday party! Will read your other posts later!