Saturday, November 3, 2012

Glamour dressing for Christmas.

There's nothing like a sequin or diamante to get a girl in the mood for the festive season. I always like to plan my options ages in advance. I like feeling organised and can then move onto other things like Christmas baking, present buying and wrapping and decorating...


Rather aptly named, the Mia dress just screams Christmas. Perfection. It's from Boden who make lovely things for ladies and kids. It's so sparkly without being over the top. Gorgeous.

Speaking of sparkly, if you want to go the whole hog, then this Sussan number is for you. At almost $300, it's obviously not a cheap option but it's fabulous. Wear it with a wedge as they do in the photo and it's a Christmas Day staple. Wear it with a gold heel or sandal and you get double duty as a cocktail frock. Win win.


In a freak co-incidence, Leona is also doing a metallic sequin sheath this season. For, believe it or not, cheaper. A whole 95c less than the Sussan option. But it all adds up I guess! The Meredith is a limited edition Ruby dress.



If metallic sequins are too much for you, then the Carrie Dress might be what you are looking for instead - black sequinned flutter sleeves with a draped sequin panel across the back. Stunning.


The Bow dress - another Boden speciality - is not actually glittery but I think it provides the perfect foil for a fabulous jewelled necklace. Very festive indeed. And the lack of sparkle is actually an advantage in this case. It can be worn day or night. Versatility is key and this Audrey Hepburn-esque dress is nothing if not that.

If you are like me and can't resist a maxi dress for Christmas then Leona Edmiston's  Georgie is for you. Aside from the fact it has the most fantastic name, it's a wonderful dress. The classic cut means it's simple enough to wear again and again but the soft subtle sparkle makes it extra special for the festive season. I think it's my #1 pick. If only they had it in my size... And I wasn't on a shopping ban... Oh why do I torture myself?

At this point I don't know what I'll be wearing for Christmas. So many options. Are you an early planner like me or a last minute dresser?

Kitty

4 comments:

Sammie said...

I'm actually loving that Sussan frock! I got an email from them and instantly loved it!
Think ill temp fate and see if it goes on sale first.
I'm plenty of dresses I can wear after not being able to last year because I was breast feeding so I should be sorted and ill end up leaving it till the last minute!

KittyCate said...

Gorgeous outfit options, especially love the Sussan dress! Very festive. I plan my Christmas outfit ages in advance too, all part of the fun of the season x

Indi C said...

$300 at Susan? Seriously. That will have to go on sale soon

Anonymous said...

That Sussan dress is amazing! But agree with above, at $300 it's a bit much for me.. :(