1. No matter what time of year I come here, it's always Cold. I never manage to bring enough - or warm enough - clothes. I'm sitting here, in the middle of the day, wearing a blanket, with the FIRE on. True.
2. The Sticky Buns at Provisions in Arrowtown really are Outrageously Good. Worth the flight here.
3. The view of the sun rising over the Remarkables starts the day off well, no matter how seedy or poorly you are actually feeling.
4. The quality of food at top notch restaurants really is fantastic and the prices are really so much lower than Sydney, despite Queenstown being a Tourist Mecca.
5. It's cliched but the people really are so friendly. However, the cats - not so much.