Thursday, October 6, 2011

Impulse shopper.


I can be a bit of an impulse shopper. No surprise to people here, I would think.

Case in point - my baby has way too many clothes and she isn't even here yet. She will be a fashionista before she knows what the word actually means. We're not even 100% certain she's a she (the scan said she was but scans have been wrong before).

Today was an exercise in impulse shopping for me - I bought something in my pre-pregnancy size from Leona Edmiston without even trying it on. I tried on a similar dress last summer (slightly different neckline) but it was on sale... And I liked it at the time but they didn't have the right colour (black)....

I was in town - Mr K was having his hair cut and I was at a loose end and had already been to Myers, Haighs and tried on very expensive jewellery....

So I bought it. Reduced from $345 to $195. In black, of course. Without trying it on because nothing goes over Le Bump right now and I want to wear it after I am pregnant. I just have to have faith that it will fit. It's also available in denim (light cornflower blue), navy and a stunning violet/fuchsia pink colour. The style is called Peony.

I now just have to get back to my pre-pregnancy size. First step, get the baby out (starting to get to overit.com people - it's a popular destination for very pregnant ladies apparently) and lose all the fluid I am retaining. Feet like watermelons, peeps. Watermelons.

Kitty

6 comments:

Sammie said...

Wont be long now!
And after spending that much on a dress you now have a good reason to get back into shape!
Think about all the walking you will be doing... or better known as "pram pushing"!

Semi Expat said...

The dress looks great and will be wonderful and fit I am sure... the weight will fall off you Miss Kitts! X

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty dress! Great motivation I reckon :)

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

Sammie - you are so right. I am off walking at the moment because of fluid retention in my feet (walking makes it worse) and I can't wait to get back to fresh air and pram pushing!

SE - I really hope so. I can't wait to eat all the things I couldn't while I was pregnant though... Cheese tops the list. Hope all is going well with your visit to the UK.

riotersbloc - It's a gorgeous dress. I have visions about it being the dress I wear to the baby's christening. Now all I need is a hat!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous dress and I'm sure that you will fit back into it in no time! :D

Maxabella said...

I have that exact dress in black and it's my 'go anywhere' go to dress. You won't regret it.

Wow, you must be close, hon. Counting the days now. Very exciting. x